There are two ways on how to renew the Philippine Passport in Chile. Personal appearance of the applicant is required.
Option #1: You can renew the passport at the Philippine Embassy in Chile.
Option #2: You can go to the Consular Outreach Mission. The Mission provides consular services to different locations in Chile and other countries:
Related Post: Philippine Embassy in Santiago, Chile
Passport Renewal at the Philippine Embassy in Santiago, Chile
Step 1: Go to the Embassy and bring the complete requirements. No appointment is needed.
- Accomplished e-Passport application form
- Original Philippine passport
- Photocopy of the passport’s data page
- Fee: USD 60.00
Processing Time: 6 – 8 weeks
Check the additional requirements for other passport-related services.
- Passport application and renewal
- Replacement of lost passport
- Passport application for first-time applicant
- Passport application for minor
Step 2: Check online the availability of the new passport.
Step 3: Claim the e-Passport at the Philippine Embassy in Chile and bring the requirements.
- Official receipt
- Old passport for cancellation
For those who cannot personally get the new passport, you may assign an authorized person (relative or friend) to claim the passport on your behalf with the additional requirements:
- Special Power of Attorney (SPA) issued by the applicant. SPA should be in English and authenticated/stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the host government
- Applicant’s ID
- Authorized person’s passport or ID
Passport Renewal at the Consular Outreach Mission
The steps in renewing the passport through the Consular Outreach are the same if you would do it in the Philippine Embassy but with few additions.
Check the schedule of upcoming Consular Services for Filipinos in different locations in Chile and nearby countries.
Related Post: Send Your Balikbayan Box to Philippines from Chile