There are two ways on how to renew the Philippine Passport in Germany. Personal appearance of the applicant is required.
Option #1: You can renew the passport at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin or you can also go to other Philippine Embassies.
- Residents in southern Germany may consider applying at the Philippine Embassy in Berne, Switzerland or Vienna, Austria.
- Residents in western Germany may consider applying at the Philippine Embassy in Brussels, Belgium.
Option #2: You can go to the Consular Outreach Mission. The Mission will go to different locations in Germany to provide consular services.
For passport applicant, you can also apply, free-of-charge, a Certificate of Identity and Registration (CIR) card. Provide two ID photographs (2.5 cm x 2.5 cm in size) to avail the service.
Related Post: Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany
Passport Renewal at the Philippine Embassy in Berlin, Germany
Step 1: Go to the Embassy and bring the complete requirements from Monday to Friday (9:00 am – 4:00 pm). No appointment is needed.
- Accomplished e-Passport application form
- Original Philippine passport
- Photocopy of the passport’s data page
- Present German residency permit (Aufenthaltstitel) or Schengen visa and photocopy of the permit/visa
- Self-addressed return envelope with EUR 3.95 in stamps for registered mail (to receive the passport by mail)
- Fee: EUR 54.00 (cash only)
Processing Time: 8 – 12 weeks
Check the additional requirements for passport renewal of the following:
- For women who were divorced from their foreign husbands
- For women whose marriage was annulled by court
- For widows
- Renewal of expired passports
- Renewal of lost passports or damaged/mutilated passports
- For minors
- New (or first time) application of e-Passport (adult)
Step 2: Claim the e-Passport at the Philippine Embassy in Germany and bring the requirements.
- Official receipt
- Old passport for cancellation
The minor applicant can claim the passport or the parent/guardian who submitted and signed the application.
For those who cannot personally get the new passport, you may assign an authorized person to claim the passport on your behalf with the additional requirements:
- Authorization letter
- Authorized person’s passport or ID
Tip: You can receive the passport by mail if you include a self-addressed return envelope (with EUR 3.95 in stamps for registered mail) in the application.
Passport Renewal at the Consular Outreach Mission
Step 1: Check the schedule of the Consular Outreach Mission in Germany.
Step 2: Register online to secure a slot in the outreach.
Step 3: Bring the complete requirements on the day of the outreach. Include a return envelope with EUR 3.95 stamps together with the requirements. You cannot purchase the stamp at the outreach site.
Consular services offered in the Consular Outreach Mission:
- Passport (first time/renewal)
- Civil registration
- NBI Clearance form fingerprint impression
- Renunciation of citizenship
- Travel document
- Registration of Overseas Absentee Voting
- Extension of validity of soon-to-expire passports by 1 year
Related Post: Send Your Balikbayan Box to Philippines from Germany